Our exclusives are listed to support our independent research. Would you like to support Ekoto in finding more sustainable crops to grow, increase biodiversity and improve soil health? Consider supporting us, whilst you get to enjoy the beauty of the beans.
Please consider keeping a few seeds aside when cooking, and sow them in your garden. Next to a fruitful harvest in autumn, you are actually helping to bring back old native bean varieties into the landscape, increasing native biodiversity.
- Soak the beans overnight
- Rinse and fill up with fresh water
- Boil for 30 to 60 minutes depending on your chosen bean variety, check by tasting.
- When making soup, first boil the beans 30 minutes before adding other soup ingredients.
- Stem beans: sow 2 to 3 cm deep, 5 to 6 cm apart within the rows and rows 40 cm apart.
- Pole beans: With every pole sow 3 to 4 beans